Note: the Warranty & Exchange policy is for 3D printing and 3D signage service ONLY.
- For goods we sell on Mech E-Store, please read the return & exchange policy for more details.
- For education, please read course policy for more details.
To stand in good faith with our clients and customers we offer a 14-day exchange on all defective customized prints and signage. The customer must notify Mech Solutions in writing about any defects that occurred as a result of manufacturing, packaging and or improper delivery. Personal misuse or damages are not subject to this warranty. Customers must provide their order number at the time of notifying Mech Solutions about any defects of their product(s). Mech Solutions will not be responsible for personal distaste in customized printed objects. We aim to provide adequate prints and signage material to our client’s satisfaction and therefore work according to the dimensions given to us as per the client’s request. Should our clients request a change mid creation of customized prints, additional charges will be made.
If certain parts need to be shipped in order to fix any defects at the buyer’s discretion Mech Solutions will notify the customer once shipment has been processed. Should the customer decide to fix any defects themselves the 14-day warranty is therefore null and void.
Due to 3D printing and signage belonging to customized products, we do not accept any terms of unconditional return or exchange, no matter used or not. If the items are defects that occurred as a result of manufacturing, packaging and or improper delivery, we offer 14-day exchange, but no return.
We are constantly researching on innovative technologies to break through the barriers in 3D printing and to increase the quality of our products and decrease the price for our clients. In order for us to better serve you, we are sincerely suggesting you read the article “3D printing required reading’ and understand that in the following conditions, we do not accept exchange or return.
- Slight color mismatch: Please note that, although every effort is made to photograph our items accurately we cannot guarantee every computer monitor will accurately depict the actual color of the products. We do not offer the exchange for slight color mismatch, if it is not handling issue.
- Color change: It is mostly occurred in resins, and light color filaments. After long-term exposure, the color will be change. Therefore, we do not suggest outdoor exposure on 3D printing products with light color.
- Surface roughness caused by support: support is not included on 3D signage, however, in other 3d printing service, support in 3D printing is common as 3d printed parts are built layer by layer, a previous layer to build upon is required. Support structures will have an impact on surface finish as they require post-processing work to remove, therefore, the remaining blemish and surface roughness after removing the support is common.
- Surface roughness caused by layer: with FDM 3D printing, each layer is printed as a set of heated filament threads which adhere to the threads below and around it. Each thread is printed slightly offset from its previous layer. The layer height can be seen in the outer surface, although it is not obvious.
- Slight bridging: Bridging in FDM occurs when the printer is required to print between two supports or anchor points. Because there is no support offered for the initial layer being printed (there is nothing to build upon) and it is required to “bridge” a gap, the material will tend to sag. Bridges occur most often in horizontal axis holes found in the walls of objects or in the top layer (or roof) of hollow parts. We try to avoid all bridging issue, but for some large project, it cannot be avoided.
- Slight stringing/oozing: When traveling across empty space, the nozzle will sometimes ooze filament that then sticks to the surfaces of your print. This is referred to as stringing, and appears as thin cobwebs between your print that can be a pain to remove. The issue can be avoided by setting the optimized retraction values and our experienced technicians have already minimized the effect to invisible levels, but the issue cannot be absolutely avoided for some conditions due to the different type of materials.
- Cracked and broken: The plastic 3D printing projects made by resins, nylon and filaments is heterogeneous, as 3d printed parts are built layer by layer. Be careful the parts are fragile. If it is cracked and broken due to the personal misuse or damage, we are not responsible for any kind of exchange.
- Improper dimensions: We print all the project according to your requirement. If you are creating separate or interlocking parts, make sure there is a large enough distance between tight areas. Creating enough clearance that the model’s pieces do not fuse together or trap support material inside. We suggest the clearance is 0.5 mm. We also suggest customers to print separate parts and assemble later, although 3D printing provides unique way to print whole assembly. If the parts cannot be assembled altogether, please check the model before contact us.
If the customer wants an exchange in replacement of said defective item that will be made at the discretion of Mech Solutions based on availability and warranty claim, any claims made will be assessed to confirm its validity. Once a return authorization is obtained, the customer is responsible for packing and shipping the product/component to Mech Solutions after receipt of the return authorization. This will allow our experienced technicians to look and solve any problems. Failure to do such within the fourteen (14) day notice the warranty is therefore no more valid. Should the defect be out of our scope to fix, such as a manufacturing defect we will notify and send a replacement as soon as one becomes available to ship. Upon delivery of defect item Mech Solutions will notify you of its status and what the next steps will be. Such failure to return the equipment/ register a claim within fourteen (14) days of receiving defective product, authorization of return notice (or part thereof) may be grounds for termination of the warranty.
If full or partial refund is accepted due to the mistake caused by Mech Solutions Ltd, the customer should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you have any questions or concerns on all issues about your products , please feel free to contact us.